As part of our commitment to the community and to the legacy of Thaddeus Stevens, Akridge is proud to offer a $10,000 college scholarship to students from the District of Columbia. The scholarship is open to all DC students who meet the following criteria:
- Student must provide proof of residency in the District of Columbia.
- Applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate degree on a full-time basis.
- Applicants must provide proof of college acceptance and/or enrollment.
- Scholarship can be renewed after a successful reapplication up to two times, or until undergraduate degree has been achieved, whichever occurs fi rst.
- Student must have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application.
- Preference will be given to students from ANC2A with special education needs.
Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Applications are accepted online only.
- Each applicant must supply two letters of recommendation, a current academic transcript, and a copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Each applicant must submit a typed essay of no more than 500 words describing the history of the Thaddeus Stevens School and how this legacy impacts them as a District resident.
- Applications that fail to meet the requirements or are incomplete will not be reviewed.
- Scholarship applicants may be asked to provide additional information.
- An e-mail will be sent to all students who submit a complete application, letting them know if they have been selected for an award.
To apply for the Thaddeus Stevens School Scholarship, please email your application form, offi cial transcript, document verifying proof of college acceptance and/or enrollment, copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), letters of recommendation, and essay to email@example.com by Sunday, April 26.