Date Posted: 09/26/2023
Akridge is a full-service commercial real estate company and a prominent investor and developer in the Washington, DC and North Carolina regions. We invest in, develop, and manage commercial real estate, from office buildings to mixed-use space. Since our founding in 1974, Akridge has acquired, developed, or entitled over 14 million square feet of commercial real estate and land. We believe in transforming the landscape of our nation’s capital through places that make working more productive, playing more delightful, and living in our city more harmonious. Akridge is committed to sustainable development and operating practices, and has been recognized as an Energy Star Top Performer and Energy Star Partner of the Year. Some of Akridge’s most notable projects include the 1 million square foot Gallery Place, the internationally recognized Homer Building, and the 3 million square foot Burnham Place air rights development project at Union Station. Akridge is proud to invest, build, and operate properties that provide lasting value for our investors, quality work environments for our Clients, and vibrant neighborhoods for our community. Our fully integrated platform allows us to enhance a property’s value throughout every stage of development and operations. We acquire and develop properties that generate consistent and strong, above-market returns for our investment partners. Our developments become destinations that attract high-quality Clients and make neighborhoods more desirable. Our comprehensive real estate knowledge and experience enables us to create smart investment strategies that respond to market opportunities. Our operating and development expertise gives us an unparalleled ability to execute these strategies and deliver exceptional results. Akridge invests like an operator, and operates like an investor.Senior MEP Construction ManagerGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior MEP Construction Manager is responsible for assisting in the planning, development, and construction of buildings, the redevelopment of buildings and major construction projects and tenant improvement projects within the managed portfolio. His/her primary focus is on the design, installation, testing, commissioning and initial operation of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) systems associated with new and assigned projects, and the numerous systems that support the MEP within these projects. He/she is responsible for the review of preliminary and construction drawings and specifications, and making reports to the assigned construction manager, project manager, and Director of Building Services. In addition to the aforementioned duties, he/she serves as the primary in house consultant for MEP systems and provides guidance and assistance to the Director of Building Services, property managers, and building engineers as needed in the management and operation of the management portfolio. In this capacity he/she serves as a trouble-shooter for problems with MEP systems, provides training and skills development for all assigned engineering staff and periodic inspections of building systems to ensure that the buildings are operating as designed.
The Senior MEP Construction Manager reports to SVP Development and works in support of the SVP of Technology and Engineering. GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS
The Senior MEP Construction Manager must be a leader with the integrity to set a superior example of both technical skills and interpersonal relationships. He/she is expected to be technically competent and the most knowledgeable company resource in their field and is expected to routinely keep abreast of new developments, equipment and procedures in building operations. Communication skills, the ability to organize and a willingness to follow through are essential qualifications for this position. It is preferred for one to possess a high school diploma and at least five years of construction experience in order to fill this position. It is also desired that one be a certified commissioning agent. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Development and Construction Project Support
- Partner with Akridge development and construction teams to identify and select appropriate building systems for new projects
- Review Akridge Standards with design engineers, specifically related to MEP items
- Review preliminary construction drawings, bid sets, and construction drawings for new projects, advising responsible parties of anticipated problems and recommendations particularly with regard to MEP systems.
- Provide other support in the pre-construction phase of development as requested.
- Review specifications for new projects and make recommendations for changes.
- Review submittals and provide recommendations to accept or reject specific MEP systems.
- Review submittals for acceptability and make appropriate recommendations to the project team.
- Review RFI’s for acceptability and make appropriate recommendations to the project team.
- Review other construction documents, drawings and specifications for construction projects as requested by Property Management, other engineers, project and construction managers, etc.
- Review tenant improvement project drawings and specifications to confirm appropriate tie-ins to building systems.
- Regularly walk the project site to ensure installation meets design specifications and develop an issues list for items needing correction by the project team.
- Review and approve commissioning procedures as prepared by the Project Commissioning Agent.
- Participate in the commissioning of all building systems in partnership with the project Commissioning Agent.
- Commission and review all MEP equipment on the project.
- Review change orders and recommendations for change that affect MEP systems.
- Ensure the receipt of final permits, manuals, as built drawings, etc. at the completion of the construction project.
- Transition project from construction to operations with appropriate overlap to ensure operating engineer and building staff are fully knowledgeable of system operations.
Property Operations Support
- Regularly conduct on line (remote) review of building operating parameters and conditions to verify proper conditions and operation of the managed properties are being employed.
- Assist with energy management of the portfolio.
- Regularly inspect operating projects and ensure that they are being run safely and efficiently, and the mechanical systems are in good working order.
- Make recommendations for operations, improvements and repair of building systems.
- Provide technical assistance and problem solving skills to investigate and resolve engineering problems related to building operations.
- Be a technical advisor for operating engineers.
- Participate in retro-commissioning of existing projects.
- Review all construction documents, drawings and specifications for construction projects
Akridge believes that diversity and inclusivity are essential to positive long-term success and achieving our strategic buisnes goals. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage diverse and talented applicants to apply. All qualifed applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.If you have a disability and you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please e-mail email@example.com or call (202) 624-8626.