1310 G Street, NW, was designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill and is one of the most visually striking projects in downtown Washington. The project began with an extensive site assembly that faced a variety of zoning issues. Akridge successfully produced a viable site in the heart of the East End for its Client, and the project delivered in 1991. Its design details, executed in such materials as granite, marble, and bronze, speak to the remarkable collection of neoclassical buildings that have survived in what was Washington's earliest business and commercial center. At the same time, the building's distinctive style clearly reflects the exciting revitalization of a location in the heart of downtown Washington.
1310 G Street was acquired by GAEDEKE Holdings in 2000.